Back to School time… Is your child prepared?
Schools In! It’s always best to start your child off in the new school year with confidence. What better way than to make sure they are prepared! AlphaCord has found some top ways to ensure a successful school year for your little ones! Talk to your child about his/her feelings about the first day of […]
Schools In! It’s always best to start your child off in the new school year with confidence. What better way than to make sure they are prepared! AlphaCord has found some top ways to ensure a successful school year for your little ones!
- Talk to your child about his/her feelings about the first day of school. This is your opportunity to ease their mind and rid them of any reservations they may have.
- Visiting school prior to the first day will make your child much more comfortable when it is time to go without you.
- Make sure they have all of the necessary school supplies. A confident child is one who is well-prepared.
- Discuss what should happen if your child is approached by a stranger. Come up with a password that your child, as well as you, will remember. If the stranger does not know the password, your child should not leave with this person.
- Talk to your little one about what great things will happen at school. New friends, fun games, and even sports if applicable.
- When grocery shopping, be sure to grab healthy brain foods that will help your child have successful, energetic mornings.
- One of the most important things to do is to ensure your child is getting more than enough rest. Lack of sleep can cause a child to be moody, have difficulty waking up in the mornings, and even may make your child fall asleep in class.
Beginning a new school year can be nerve-wracking. Especially if it’s at a new school. New school means new friends, new teachers, and a new location. Keep these steps in mind when preparing your child for school this year. Let’s make sure our children are enjoying their educational journey!
THE CONTENT OF THIS ARTICLE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. If you have a medical emergency or question, immediately call your doctor or dial 911 for assistance.