Pregnancy Facts – Second Trimester
During your second trimester of pregnancy, your baby is developing into an infant that can survive outside of the womb. Here are some interesting facts about your growing baby: * Your baby has fingerprints at only 13 weeks. * Your baby already has eyebrows and eyelashes. * By 20 weeks, most parents can find out […]
* Your baby has fingerprints at only 13 weeks.
* Your baby already has eyebrows and eyelashes.
* By 20 weeks, most parents can find out if they are having a boy or a girl.
* At 21 weeks, your baby is about the length and weight of a banana.
* At 24 weeks, your baby is now viable. This means he or she stands a high chance of surviving outside of the womb.
* Also at 24 weeks, your baby can tell the difference between your voice and anyone else’s voice. Brain development is surging and your baby is starting to have conscious thought and memory.
Your body is changing too!
* Your hair is growing thicker due to the estrogen receptors but it is also growing more slowly.
* You are producing about 50% more blood while you are pregnant.
* Your baby is getting your food, and therefore nutrients, first! You get what is left over. This is why you need to make sure you are getting enough iron and Vitamin C while pregnant.
* Your body can swell anywhere due to the extra blood and fluid you have circulating.