The Best Baby Health Monitoring Devices On The Market
Discover the best baby health monitoring devices on the market! There are 5 different types of baby monitors available, so find out which is best for you!
It doesn’t matter if you are a parent to five children or a first-time parent…the responsibility that comes with caring for a child is far from simple. We have said this before, and we will repeat it, parenting is a full-time job! There is nothing more important than making sure that our little ones are healthy and safe, which is why parents have been utilizing recent technology that can help you monitor specific baby behaviors.
Remember when baby monitors were simple listening devices? Well, technology has come a long way, and there are now devices that can monitor things like breathing, temperature, sleeping patterns, and even activity. Are they one hundred percent necessary for every family? No, they are not, but many parents have found comfort and ease of mind with the help of these baby monitoring devices.
So what are the best baby health monitoring devices on the market? There are so many available options, and each device brings something different to the table. So today, let’s review some of the highest-rated monitoring devices and discuss what they do and how you might benefit from them.
Types Of Baby Monitoring Devices
As we mentioned, several different devices have emerged over the years. You will want to decide what the most important thing is for you to monitor. Many parents worry about their sleeping newborns if they notice periodic breathing or erratic breathing – both are perfectly normal in newborns. Other parents want to be able to see and hear their babies from another room if the newborn is asleep.
Before we list some of the best baby health monitoring devices, let’s get into the different types of available monitors.
- Sound Baby Monitors – these are the “old-school” monitors that allow you to listen to your baby from another room while they sleep. These monitors are affordable and widely available from most retail stores.
- Video Monitors – video monitors take audio monitors to the next level by providing a video feed of the baby. Depending on the type of video monitor you choose, feeds are typically accessed through a receiver that came with the monitor. These are still pretty affordable and allow you to see what your baby is doing, although the video quality isn’t always the best.
- Smart Monitors – wifi or smart monitors utilize wifi to allow for a more interactive monitoring device…all available at your fingertips. These monitors can provide audio and visual feeds and can be set up to monitor and control aspects of the room – temperature, lights, etc. These types of devices are a little more pricey than the monitors mentioned above but offer some parents ease of mind.
- Movement or Activity Monitors – these monitors can include sensor technology or wearable technology that monitors movement and activity in your baby. These devices vary in price and are usually used in addition to some of the previous monitors we mentioned.
- Breathing Monitors – breathing monitors have become more popular in recent years because of what they offer. These monitors track your newborn’s breathing by using either movement sensors or oxygen to detect changes in breathing patterns in the abdomen and chest. If the device detects that breathing has stopped for longer than 20 seconds, it will ring an alarm and notify parents. Some breathing monitors also measure temperature and heartbeat, which offer parents additional comfort.
Best Baby Monitoring Devices
So now that we know the different types of baby monitors, it’s time to list some of the best baby health monitoring devices based on ratings. We will only focus on the newer types of monitors since audio monitors and video monitors are widely available.
Highly Rated Monitors
- Nanit Pro – The high-quality video and audio make this a standout option for one of the highest-rated smart monitors for newborns. This is a great monitor, and because of that, it will cost parents a bit more but gives you the power to track temperature and humidity too.
- Miku Pro Smart Baby Monitor – This monitor continues to receive some of the highest ratings on Amazon. This smart monitor tracks your baby’s breathing and sleeping patterns and alerts you of changes, but it also comes with a hefty price tag.
- Lollipop Smart Baby Camera – With affordability as its major advantage, this smart baby monitor offers audio and visual feeds so you can keep track of your baby’s needs from anywhere, all on your smartphone.
- Infant Optics DXR-8 Pro – If parents are looking for a simple non-wifi baby monitor that provides high-quality audio and visual monitoring, then this may be the way to go. No wifi is required and comes with a separate handheld receiver.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there are many options nowadays when it comes to baby monitors. Do your research and keep in mind that fancier and more expensive doesn’t always mean better.
At the end of the day, what baby monitoring device you choose should be one that doesn’t break the bank but that offers you peace of mind when it comes to the safety of your newborn baby.