The Joy Of Announcing Pregnancy To Husband And Family
Announcing pregnancy to husband and family? If you want some fun and creative ideas to deliver the big news to your family, AlphaCord has you covered.
Finding out that you are pregnant can be one of the most significant moments in your life. Whether you are elated with joy or completely surprised, it can be scary, especially if this is your first time.
If you and your partner have been trying to get pregnant, you can still surprise them with the news! After all, the joy of finding out is life-changing; maybe you didn’t get to find out in the most ideal way, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t surprise your husband and family with the good news in a fun and creative way! Of course, the way you announce your pregnancy is entirely up to you, but if you want some tips or ideas for the announcement, we have got you covered.
Surprise! Tips on Announcing Pregnancy To Husband
When it comes to announcing pregnancy to husband or partner, you will want to do it sooner rather than later…after all, this is just as exciting of a time for him! If you are a new mother-to-be, you may not be able to contain your excitement long enough even to plan an announcement, and that’s okay, but if you can hold it in for just a little bit, here are some great and adorable pregnancy announcements tips:
If you don’t have time or patience to plan an elaborate way to tell your hubby you’re pregnant, it’s okay! There are still really simple ways to make this already good news even more exciting!
- Say it with a kiss- this one might be cheesy, but it’s super cute and still has that element of surprise. You could even prepare for this one by buying a bag of Hershey’s Kisses before you even take the pregnancy test, and on the little piece of paper that comes on top of the chocolate, you can write a sweet message. If you want to take it one step further, you can find a single large Hershey’s Kiss and write the message on there and give it to the father-to-be.
- Hide the test- this is for the first-time mothers who want to surprise their partner but are way too excited to keep this news to themselves for longer than an hour! Simply hide the test somewhere that you know your husband will likely stumble across. Maybe you can put it near a phone charger or their car keys (depending on the time of day) or just leave it in the bathroom!
- Use a card- everyone loves a good greeting card to say the things that we cannot. Make it as sweet or as funny as you’d like, and then simply write down a message that lets them know that you are pregnant! Maybe you get him a Happy Father’s Day card or a Congrats card, or perhaps you even get a money card and stick the positive pregnancy test where the money should go! If you have art supplies around your home, make a homemade card!
Announcing pregnancy to husband in an elaborate and fun way can take a little more planning, but if you plan ahead, you can make this fantastic news even better. Elaborate surprises are great for announcing second or third pregnancies too!
- Make a custom T-shirt- you can have custom t-shirts made that announce the good news. You can create one for yourself and wear it until he notices or you can have one made for him and give it to him as a present.
- Give a onesie- you can also have onesies customized to say anything you want. So get creative and give him an adorable onesie that lets him know he is about to be a father!
- Custom M&M’s or fortune cookie- if you like to plan and be subtle, then you’re going to love this one. There are services online that allow you to make custom messages on M&M’s or in the form of fortunes inside a fortune cookie.
Announcing Pregnancy To Your Families
Once you have delivered the news to your husband, it’s time to start letting your family know! If your parents are about to be first-time grandparents, then they are going to be just as excited about the news as you and your partner. Letting your family know that you are expecting is nice because you can wait a few days to tell them in case you want to get creative. Here are some quick, fun, and easy ways to announce pregnancy to your family:
Sweet & Simple Surprises
- Bun in the oven- have your family over for dinner and have a “bun in the oven” and see how long it takes them to figure it out!
- Cupcakes- at the next family function, bring cupcakes that say things like Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, cousin, etc., and hand them out to the appropriate family members!
- Customization- if you created a custom t-shirt for your husband, then you know how simple customization can be. So make mugs, candies, shirts, mouse pads, or anything else you can think of to announce the big news!
The way you choose to share your big news has nothing to do with the amount of joy that anyone will feel. Whether you decide to surprise them or casually share the news, announcing pregnancy to your husband and family members is going to be memorable and joyous no matter how you choose to tell them!