What Are Stem Cell Injections?
Imagine living in a world where injuries heal seamlessly, healthy blood cells regenerate with ease, and healthy heart tissue seamlessly replaces damaged tissue. In this world, an injury or health condition goes from critical to minor, and people enjoy a superior quality of life. Breakthroughs in regenerative medicine have ushered this world from imagination to […]
Imagine living in a world where injuries heal seamlessly, healthy blood cells regenerate with ease, and healthy heart tissue seamlessly replaces damaged tissue. In this world, an injury or health condition goes from critical to minor, and people enjoy a superior quality
Breakthroughs in regenerative medicine have ushered this world from imagination to reality thanks to the discovery of stem cells and stem cell therapy. Stem cell therapy offers multiple benefits, applied through various treatment methods. It’s an exciting world, albeit one that raises many questions, including what are stem cell injections and who are
What Are Stem Cells?
Before exploring what stem cell injections are, it’s crucial to understand why anyone would inject stem cells in the first place. Stem cells are the blank slate of cells. While you have millions of cells already formed, such as brain, blood, and muscle tissue cells, stem cells can be turned into any kind of cell you need.
Additionally, scientists have discovered that when stem cells are manipulated into the needed cell type, they can generate more healthy cells. For example, if you influence stem cells to be healthy red blood cells to help with a blood disease, those would produce more healthy blood cells. Even more promising for the health and wellness of future generations is that stem cell research has only begun to discover what’s possible.
With multiple applications, different stem cell therapies have emerged at the forefront of medical treatments, including stem cell injections.
What Are Stem Cell Injection Benefits?
Stem cell injections are a targeted therapy for localized repair and healing for people who have experienced injuries or certain illnesses.
Stem cell injection benefits include:
- Regenerating damaged tissues such as cartilage, muscle, and connective tissues
- Repairing bone damage
- Optimized metabolism, which affects other areas of health
- Increased neurological functioning for Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s patients
Aside from stem cell injections, stem cell therapies have successfully treated serious health conditions such as:
- Various Leukemias
- Epstein Barr
- Various immune disorders, e.g. Congenital Neutropenia
- Metabolic disorders, e.g. Krabbe Disease
- Blood Disorders
What Are Stem Cell Injection Risks?
Whether stem cell injections are an appropriate treatment varies from individual to individual. Consulting with a trusted medical professional is crucial when exploring whether stem cell therapy is suitable for you. Selecting a fully-vetted professional for treatment delivery is vital for minimizing any associated risks of stem cell injections.
Other risks include:
- Injection site infection
- Infection of stem cells (making it crucial that you receive therapy from a
- Adverse reactions for Rheumatoid Arthritis patients
Where Do Stem Cells Come From?
Researchers are uncovering new ways to source stem cells, but there are currently three common sources.
- Embryonic Stem Cells are sourced from embryos that are approximately 3 to 5 days old and have not been implanted. The embryos are sourced from In Vitro patient donors. These stem cells tend to be a source of controversy, but are the most potent thanks to their capability to convert into highly specialized cells.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells are sourced from adult tissues for new bone, fat, and cartilage cells, making them a valuable resource for injury healing.
- Perinatal Stem Cells are found in amniotic fluid and in umbilical cord blood, cord tissue and placental tissue, making cord blood banking an invaluable resource for any family’s new bundle of joy.
Perinatal Stem Cells: Revolutionizing Children’s Health Treatment Options
Regenerative medicine is expanding, and learning what stem cell injections are is a gateway to understanding how to leverage stem cells as insurance should illness ever befall a loved one. Parents of newborns particularly benefit from this knowledge, especially when they learn their baby’s umbilical cord is a potent source of potentially
Regenerative medicine has provided families around the world with the means for preserving cord stem cells. The blood and tissue from the umbilical cord and placenta is collected at birth, then stored in a facility should it ever be needed in the future. While the hope is that a family would never have to lean on that resource, the peace of mind knowing that potent stem cells are available tends to be priceless – especially when children
Getting Started With Cord Blood Banking
We opened the doors to AlphaCord with a vision of providing cord blood banking to families of all backgrounds. We know that if the time ever comes for you or your child to experience first-hand what stem cell injections are, you want to have access to the very best cells available. Banking a life-giving resource for your loved ones is easy.
Simply click here to get started.